Smash Wrestling - CANUSA Classic
I’m biased, but this was a hell of a womens tournament! And great to see some of my favourites here, including LuFisto, Christina Von Eerie and Candice LaRae!
- I had to run out and grab Kayla for our one year anniversary at intermission, but it let me actually relax and watch some of the second half which was good!
WWE - Raw
Fun little show, been a while since they came here. We had AWESOME seats, the pictures don’t do it justice. Hadn’t been keeping up with the show really but had a good idea what to expect, and it was neat to see Wyatt again, along with the pops for Daniel Bryan and Edge.
- Went with Geoff and Scott, Colin bought the tickets but couldn’t make it in the end which was a shame. I then had to leave early to grab tickets for the next show and make the train home! Felt like an old man.
Fight! - 8 - The Beatdown
Fun show from Fight! who are slowly injecting more story into the shows and building an environment for some of the local guys to react in different ways to an audience.
- I really look forward to seeing how Alex Vega will play being heel here.
Fighting Back - Cancer Stinks 2013
Great show - lots of fun and loved seeing a different set of guys than I normally do. Also, those ISW matches totally count as far as seeing an ISW show live, you can’t tell me otherwise. It was bittersweet to see Addy Star in her last match though…
- Show was great, the Ottawa trip was from hell. Hell I say!
Smash Wrestling - Warriors Way
Bowmanville was a lovely little town, I got a chance after the AV was set up to have a walk and really liked the area. Also, it was really hard to find somewhere to take talent pics due to the walls of the building all being flesh coloured!
- Audience wasn’t what we had hoped for but it was a fun show to put on and great to be a part of!
Smash Wrestling - Redemption
Sneaked a quick picture during the tag match, this was a great show and I really got to get into my work here. The street fight at the end with Scotty O’Shea and Tyson Dux was also a highlight. I brutal, brutal highlight!
- I had fun with starting to play with the video screens here, including teasing the next big show and learning Final Cut Pro X to make it!
DeathProof Fight Club - 7 Deadly Sins
Neat idea for a show here with each match representing a different deadly sin. John Greed and Jasmine had the spot of the night with the orgasmic powerbomb, but pretty much everyone put on a decent showing.
- Worth noting - eating poutine ringside is a great way to end a weekend!
TNA - Slammiversary XI
Not a huge TNA fan but excited to go to their biggest event of the year as my first show and it’s always a good time to be at a show with Colin. The x-division match was fun, and Bully Ray was good to see coming out right in front of us. The girls match was fun too but the whole event was pretty forgettable unfortunately.
- Colin actually forgot the tickets so we had to go to the box office to get them re-printed and they gave us better ones. There can’t have been more than 3500 there and I’m sure a good number of them were papered.
UFO Wrestling - Somerville Take 2
Saw all the best and worst aspects of indy wrestling here, with a few guys who showed a lot of promise. It was a fun start to the Boston trip though and I probably focused on the show more here than at the TNA PPV.
Gotta love a guy called Hard Mike…
- Colin and I noticed that in a crowd made up mostly of friends of the wrestlers, almost half of them left after the raffle winners were announced!
Smash Wrestling - Stacked!
Great in-ring action but the crowd seemed to be a little out of it until intermission. Nothing to complain about in the ring but the top three matches were the star of the show.
- The press conference being made available to VIP ticket holders was a great idea, what with empowering your biggest fans to talk more about the product to people. Very well handled also!